One of my favorite squashes is the Spaghetti Squash. It really does look like little noodles, but a lot healthier 🙂
There are many different things you can do with it, but I like to make it resemble a simple pasta dish.
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 small Sweet Onion, sliced
2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
5-10 Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 can of Stewed Tomatoes
1 large handful Baby Spinach leaves
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the squash length wise. Be careful! I almost cut myself the first time doing this. I am a bit sketchy with knives haha!
3. Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
4. Once cooled, use a fork to scrape out the squash. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and spices; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
6. Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash add to mixture. On medium heat continue to toss mixture for 5 minutes. Add the spinach during the last-minute.