Lasagna…Lasagna…Lasagna! Oh, how I have missed you! I haven’t had Lasagna since I decided to become vegan. So, this was long over due!
I love making my dad’s spagetti sauce, especially during the holidays. Brings back great memories. As you can see from the pictures, I go a bit over board with the sauce. I can’t get enough! Lol So, if you are not as crazy about sauce as me, I would use a bit less. But, seriously…who doesn’t love homemade tomato sauce?!
9 cooked lasagna noodles, cooked according to directions on package
1 1/2 quarts Spaghetti sauce (your favorite homemade or jar spaghetti sauce)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
I medium Onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 packages of Baby Bella Mushrooms (or any mushrooms of your choice), sliced
1 large Zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise
1-2 packages of Vegan Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp Marjoram
1 Tbsp dried Oregano
1 Tbsp fresh or dried Basil
Chopped parsley and Soy Parmesan cheese, optional
Salt & Pepper
- Sauté onions, garlic, & mushrooms in oil and spices until tender. Remove from heat and add to spaghetti sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Cover the bottom of a 9×12 inch pan with a small layer of tomato sauce. Place a layer of the noodles over the sauce. Spread sauce mixture over noodles. Place zucchini slices on top of mixture. Add a layer of cheese.
- Repeat two more times so you use a total of 9 noodles.
- Top with cheese
- Bake 40 minutes, covered. Remove foil last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving. Top with parmesan and parsley, optional.
What’s your favorite homemade sauce?